Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"Pattern Paper Challenged"


I love pattern paper but I never use it. I really want to but I just can't. It isn't my style. I want it to be my style but I just can't figure it out. I see so many cute cards that use pattern paper but I can never figure out which stamps go with it. I know it must come easy to some people but not for me. I am pattern paper challenged. As soon as I saw this paper, I thought of the Nice and Easy Notes stamps. So I dusted off my set (and I mean dusted it off literally) and made this card. The ribbon looks a lot darker in the scan than in real life. I haven't used the Nice and Easy Notes set in forever. It was the very first set that I bought. I think I am going to have to start bringing out some oldies but goodies soon and put them to use. I seem to have a lot of old sets and retired ones that just sit and gather dust.
Stamps: Nice and Easy Notes, All Year Chear 2
Paper: Mellow Moss, non SU pattern paper
Ink: Basic Black, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Distress tool, Paper Piercer, Moss Organdy ribbon, Word Window, Hodgepodge Hardware Pewter Brads, SU markers Barly Banana, Mellow Moss, Pretty in Pink

3 comments:

Terry Molineux said...

How pretty this card is and the use of a versatile stamp set.....I have a worksho on Satuday and this card would be the cutest...may I case it?

Michelle D. said...

This is darling, Rochelle! I know what you mean about being patterned paper challenged, but you're definitely off to a great start as this card is so adorable!

Rochelle W said...

Terry,
Feel free to case away.