Sunday, April 29, 2007

"Back From LA"

Well, I am home from stamp mania. I had such a great time. It was so nice to see old friends and meet new ones. This was my third stamp mania so I knew a lot of ladies from the past ones that I attended.
I have to tell you about one of the best things that happend to me while I was there was when I was walking in, I stopped to talk to someone and this woman said to me, "I know you, I visit your blog all the time." I was like, thank you. I really didn't know what to say. It kinda threw me off a little. I don't know why but it just did. (I kinda felt famous for a second. LOL) That woman was Karen Rose from Canada. Yes, she flew from Canada to LA for stamp mania. I know, WOW! She is the sweetest lady. Anyway, when she said that she visited my blog and loved my stuff. I thought about that all day. In fact when I was driving to dinner, I called my husband and I told him what you said and he was excited for me. Karen, you totally made my weekend. I am so glad that I got to meet you.
I am so tired from my weekend too. Friday I got up at 6:15 and left at 7am and drove the 7 hours to LA. I packed so much stuff. Two large suitcases full of practically everything I own. All my inks, a bunch of stamp sets, markers, crimper, heat gun, all my scallop punches and other punches, and I brought a ton of paper too. Oh and also a ton of ribbon, and any embellishment you can think of I think I had it. My friend Kristine and Cherie met me at my hotel and we stamped until like 2am. I didn't fall asleep until about 3:30am so I was very tired Saturdy. But I sucked it up and had a great time. Saturday night I stayed up until 3am stamping my heart out. I made a bunch of cards, which I will be posting and sending out for RAK's. Sunday I slept in a little then packed up my stuff and hit the road. I stopped at a couple different Michael's to get some of those clear stamps for $1 that my Michael's doesn't have but the Michael's in LA were all out too. AGH.... Oh well, I will have to get them this summer in MN.
I am really tired so I will post my cards tomorrow. Not all of them though, I have to have something to keep y'all coming back. LOL

2 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

I can't wait for some pictures! (My Mikes doesn't carry the acrylic sets either. I keep hoping to win some as blog candy!)

Michelle D. said...

And I thought that big smile on your face was because you were excited about stamping all day Ü. How very exciting that you and Rose got to meet at SCSM-4 and that she got to share with you in person that she, like so many of us, get such inspiration from your beautiful creations!

It was sure great to see you again and get to share a table! Thank you so much for the very cute refrigerator magnet - which my kids and even my husband are enjoying, and thank you so, so much for the AMAZING Rose in Winter gift pack you gave me! I am truly honored & thankful to have this set which I've admired here on your blog and in your SCS gallery! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Ü!!

Have a wonderful day today, and Happy Stamping!