Friday, July 06, 2007

"Birthday Cupcake"


This was a fun card to make. I stamped the cupcake on the white paper then punched it out and colored the frosting in Orchid Opulence. Then I colored the cherry with red stickles. When the stickles dried, I covered the frosting and the cherry with diamond glaze. (crystal effects) Then I stamped the cupcake on the pattern paper and cut out the "wrapper" then glued it on the finished cupcake so the cupcake matches the background. Fun fun fun. Once again I didn't do a greeting. Partly because all my greetings are now retired, and partly because it is in the background. I love how it turned out. I think it is cute and it was so easy.
Stamps: Michael's $1 cupcake
Paper: Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White, DP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Giga and Mega Scallop Circle, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Stickles, Diamond Glaze, Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Markers

5 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

WOW! That's a $1 stamp? What an awesome card! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

This is really cute! I like your cupcake paper matching the back ground!

Melissa said...

Dang me! I had that embossing folder in my hand yesterday and I chose to put it back! I'm mad at myself now that I have seen your lovely card!

Lorie said...

Super cute card! Reminds me I'm hungry!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love the idea of the paper on the cupcake matching your card paper, will definitely have to try that one.