Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Engagement Card"


I wanted to share this card before I went on vacation. My mom called me the other day and said that I am invited to my cousin's engagement party when we are in town. Then she told me that her mom also does stampin' up. I can't go to the party because we will be at the cabin for that weekend fishing, swimming, wake boarding, and just plain ol' relaxing. But I wanted to make her a card. Especially since her mom stamps. So I made her this card. I used sahara sand and whisper white. What a great combination. I also added a rose colored prima to give it that little splash of color. I stamped the paisley background in sahara sand. The scan makes it a little darker that it really is so try to picture that. I also sponged sahara sand around the edge of the greeting. For the lace looking bottom, I used a fiskers border punch. It just adds that little bit of elegance. See, as you may have noticed, I am not an elegant stamper. LOL So these cards are a challenge for me. But I love how it turned out and now I can say I made an elegant card.
Stamps: Paisley, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink: Sahara Sand
Accessories: Fiskers Border Punch, Primas, Jeweled Brad, Organdy Ribbon, Sponge

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a lovely and elegant card, love it, and love how you used the border punch, you are so great for thinking outside the box, will have to dust mine off and think of new ways to use them.

Adelina said...

That's such a sweet card! I love the organdy ribbon.

Lorie said...

Gorgeous!

Dottie K. said...

This is very elegant looking. Love the scalloped border under your words and the background stamp. I'm sure they will love it. Have a great time stamping and enjoy your vacation.

Anonymous said...

This card is SO pretty!

Karen said...

Wow. That's a beautiful card.

Swamp Tulip said...

Very pretty card. I'd be going to the cabin and not the party myself! Enjoy yourself.

Teresa

Scrappyant said...

This is such a pretty card.