Sunday, September 09, 2007

"SCS VSN Weekend"


This weekend I participated in splitcoast's VSN (virtual stamp night)Have you ever done one? Let me tell you, I was so stressed out. But in a good way. I haven't done one before but have always wanted to. My friend Kristine has done two before and said they were "so fun", plus you get to make a bunch of cards. She neglected to tell me that it was stressful. Probably because she wasn't stressed out. LOL Anyway, she invited me to her house for the weekend so we could do it together. I was so excited. I drove the 6 hour trip to her house and couldn't wait to get started. If you haven't done one before, the idea is that they have a theme and give you a different challenge each hour. You have 45 minutes to make your card and post it in your scs gallery. Sounds easy right? Well, I panicked. I didn't know what stamp to use, what colors do I pick and what the heck kind of a layout should I do? That's pretty much how it was for each challenge. We barley talked during Friday night. We were trying to concentrate on making our cards. We did laugh about that later. I had a great time and when we did the ones on Saturday night, I was a little more relaxed. The theme was "Jumping Into Fall" Here is one of the cards I made. This challenge was to take your favorite Halloween candy and make a card using the colors of the wrapper. My favorite candy is 3 musketeers. So I used red, white, blue, and black. This was a fun one and I really like how my card turned out.
Stamps: Give Thanks, Warmest Regards,Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Real Red, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Basic Black
Accessories: Black Grosgrain, Photo Corner Punch, Texture Tool, Black Brads, Prisma Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Blending Stumps, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Sounds like you had fun, always nice when you can craft with others. Love this image, what a great card. Glad you arrived back home safe and sound

Kristine Reynolds said...

Next time you have to stay longer because we really hardly talked at all...way too busy concentrating and thinking! I love how this card turned out!

Kimm BT said...

Your bucket of apples card is great Rochelle... love how you used the colors together too!
Kimm BT

Melissa said...

Awesome Rochelle!

Theresa said...

Fabulous card!!! I love those apples!!!

Hey Hey Paula said...

I participated in VSN for the first time too. It took me a few challenges to hit my stride. Like you I was a little stressed at first but it was fun and I got quite a few cards made. I like your card.

crazy4mycrafts said...

I love it!! The colors are great together!

Corie said...

This is just gorgeous!!

Anne said...

Simply stunning card with fabulous color choices! Didn't realize you and Kristine knew each other... how cool for you both! *wink*

Hugs,
Anne :)