Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Bling Bling Birdie"


I really love Summer Sun. I think next to Celery, Summer Sun is my favorite color. It goes with practically everything. I have pared it up today with Ruby Red and Basic Black. I really like using black in my cards. It kind of makes the other colors pop. This birdie stamp I had wanted for months. I ended up getting it from my friend Shelly when I was in MN this summer. For this card, I colored the bird and added some bling on the tips of his tail. I mounted the image on a black oval that I dotted with the SU white gel pen. It matches the ribbon perfectly. For the background, I cuttle bugged two separate pieces and cut them in half and put one half of each on the card. I really like the look of the two different colors. The greeting is from the hostess set So Many Sayings punched out with the word window.
Stamps: So Many Sayings, Rhonda Farrer Clear Stamp
Paper: Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: SU Markers, Bling, Dotted Ribbon, SU Gel Pen, Word Window, Cuttlebug, Embossing Folders, Ticket Corner Punch

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a fantastic card, I love your color combo and of course that fantastic bird. Great card.

dawnmercedes said...

great combo...you could submit it to the color challenge...I'm tired of mud and dirt colors!

Melissa said...

Look at how perfect that polka dot bow is! Fabulous!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love the colors you used on this card!