Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I Have The Best Friends In The World...."

Even if I haven't met them yet. Well, I have met Kristine but not the others. You all remember "Ugly Bird" right? Well, I decided to do an "Ugly Bird" contest in my yahoo group. I sent them all 6 images of the "Ugly Bird" and they could submit up to 6 cards for the contest. I was going to have my neighbor judge them and the winner was going to get an "Ugly Bird" stamp of their own. I had 9 people sign up for the contest and I knew from the list of ladies that there was no way I was going to be able to pick a winner. They are all so talented and have their own styles. So I decided that I was going to get them each an "Ugly Bird" stamp and call them all winners. They had no idea. So when it came time to pick the winner. I sent them all an e-mail saying that they all were winners and they were each going to get an "Ugly Bird" stamp of their own. I totally surprised them and it felt good to do something nice for them. So, yesterday, I went to my mail box and there was a package for me. It was a RAK from all my friends that participated in the contest. They were all beautiful cards. But to my surprise, they gave me a $50.00 visa card and the most beautiful letter, thanking me for my kindness and generosity and for our friendship. I was shocked. I even had several tears in my eyes while I was reading the letter. It was so not necessary what they did. I didn't want anything in return. I wanted to do something nice for them and look what they did for me. How cool is that. Below are the cards that they submitted. Can you see why there was no way I could pic a winner?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It brings a tear to my eye thinking about your eyes welling up! Your friends ROCK Rochelle!

Many Blessings,
M.

dawnmercedes said...

What goes around comes around...

I was just blogging on this concept this evening!

You totally deserve it!

Shannon Roberts said...

How AWESOME!! WHich Yahoo group was that??
BSNBOYS@MSN.com