Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Snowflake RSVP Pens"


I made these beaded pens this morning to go with the crazy for chocolate nugget boxes for the teachers and secretary's. I still have to make one more but I only had one pack of pens. I will have to get more pens cause I still need them for the gift sets. I love making these pens. They are so simple. I hope to get a couple more gift sets done this weekend and get started on my Christmas cards. AGH!!! I get my tacky tape sheets from Oriental Trading Company. Three sheets for $4.95. I get my micro beads from Michael's. They come in a two pack for $1.99 and that will make 20 pens. For the address labels, I just buy the Avery ones for the computer and cut them down. RSVP pens I get a Walmart. I can't remember how much they are but they come in a 5 pack and are way cheaper than an office supply store. After I put the label and tape on the pen, I heat it with the heat gun before rolling in the beads. It makes the tape more sticky and the beads hold on better. Here are the directions for the RSVP pens if you would like to try them.

Stamps: Snowflakes
Ink: Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose
Accessories: RSVP Pen, Micro Beads, Tacky Tape, Address Label, Heat Gun, Rectangle Container

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

these are great, thanks for the info.

Jamie Tyson said...

Thank you so much for the directions. I like how you use the avery labels, what an easy way to get adhesive everywhere. I'm going to be trying this one very soon!

Kelly L said...

I love your pens. I have seen them made with the paper twirled up in the inside too, and then you just put the tacky tape on the outside. Your way works great too, but then you can change the paper if you want. Although if it is on the inside the the ink leaks out--oh, boy, there goes the paper. Hmm, guess that would be a drawback, huh?! LOL Thanks for the Avery label idea though. I love it! :)

JoAnna Goodman said...

I love your beaded RSVP pens! I haven't tried them yet, I always just roll the paper up on the inside. But, when Alyssa got the one you made for her, she loved it! So, guess it's time to try yours! LOL

Doris said...

Thanks for posting the instructions for your RSVP pens--love 'em!

Kristine Reynolds said...

I love these pens. I haven't made any since we were together in Sacramento...guess I should get to work, huh?

Bella Rose Creations said...

How pretty, you make the most beautiful items. I bought RSVP pens, but they were so expensive (yes got them at an Office Supply Place)...but I did find out that the WalMart brand pen (MainStay) works just as well!! And 2 for $0.75 are just the right price. I think I bought every one they had.

Michelle said...

These are great! A question- don't the RSVP pens have writing on the barrel, and if so, do you remove the writing? Thanks!