Friday, November 30, 2007

"Snowman Ornament"


I made this snowman shaker ornament to go with a gift set. These are so cute, so fun and so easy. I bought the tins at Michael's. They're over in the wedding section. They come in a 30 pack for $19.99. I cut a circle to fit inside the tin with the creative memories cutting tools and stamped the snowman, colored it and put in inside the tin. Then I put the snowflakes inside. Put the top back on and wrapped the seam with tacky tape. Then attached the ribbon to the tape and made it into an ornament. I like to make these for birthday's too only I make them into magnets. Same directions but instead of making the ribbon a holder just put it around the tin with no extra. Then I take E600 Industrial Strength Craft Adhesive and put a small dot on a magnet and stick it to the back of the shaker. I use the candles from Tags and More and put ice cream sprinkles inside. Kids love them. I have also made some with the flowers and put in colored sugar. The possibilities are endless.

Where did I get the snowflakes you ask. I got them at Michael's too. I found them over by the hand made paper supplies. I got them last year so I don't know if they are still there or not. But look in the hand made paper section.
Stamps: Tags and More, Flaky Friends
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Regal Rose
Accessories: Tin, Grosgrain Ribbon, Tacky Tape, Snowflakes, SU Markers, CM Cutting Tools

6 comments:

Kelly L said...

These are adorable, Rochelle! I saw one on SCS with a couple of BBs in it and a couple of holes in the snowman (I think where the buttons were) so kids can play with them in the car or wherever to try and get the BB in the hole. You would need to leave some room behind the paper to get them in there though. Just another idea I thought I would share with ya. Hope you don't mind.

JoAnna Goodman said...

Aren't you the clever one?!?! These are just too cute! I love the snowflakes on the inside!

crazy4mycrafts said...

are these flakes hard like acetate sheets? or are they soft? I know you can find a huge bag of the softer irridescent snowflakes at places like Lowe's or Home Depot in the Christmas stuff... and they are dirt cheap! like $1.99 a bag....

Anonymous said...

What cute little ornaments. tfs how you made them.

Bev J.

Cheryl KVD said...

These are absolutely adorable!!!
Cheryl KVD

Anonymous said...

Those are just too cute!!!