Monday, December 10, 2007

"Burgundy Snowflake"

Have you ever had the perfect card in your head and when you went to make it, it wasn't at all what you thought it was going to be? C'mon I know you have. I do it all the time. Well, I just got my paper order in so I could start my Christmas cards. I know I am so late. Anyway, I ordered two packs of almost amethyst and some white grosgrain that I was going to dye amethyst for my Christmas cards. So I sit down tonight and make the perfect card. WRONG!!! It didn't look at all what I wanted. So I tried one with close to cocoa, regal rose, and amethyst. Cute, but not what I wanted. Then I tried, amethyst and lovely lilac. That was a bust too. I was bound and determined to use the amethyst. Seeing how I now have three and a half packs of it. But I can't do it. Nothing was looking good. Maybe because there was to much pressure, maybe I was trying too hard. I don't know. So I changed gears and came up with this. Burgundy and chocolate chip. I love it, however, I don't have a full pack of Burgundy. I think I can make about 20 cards. So I will have to find something else. Maybe I can work something out with the amethyst, and it will cooperate enought to make me a cute card.
Stamps: Snowflakes
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Distressing Tool, Jeweled Brad

6 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Beautiful!

Melissa said...

You are cracking me up Rochelle because I haven't even started mine and I'm already having all of those thoughts!

It turned out fabulous by the way!

Many Blessings,
M.

JoAnna Goodman said...

Rochelle- This card is gorgeous!!!

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness! I totally get what you mean! I imagine the difference between you and me is - you actually end up with a beauty!! Very Pretty card!!
Bonnie

KIm VZ said...

Rochelle,
What a beautiful card. I used this same set for my cards. Wish I had seen this first because I would have used a brad in the middle of my snowflakes too. Oh well, too late now!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Very Very nice.....Love it!! Your cards always inspire me.