Monday, December 31, 2007

"Snowman Kisses"


These little cuties were a thorn in my side this weekend. I had never made them before and I am making them for an order. I couldn't come up with an original idea so I cased my friend Joanna's. I thought how hard can they be right? Now I could make them with my eyes closed but the first several times were not so easy. This information will help you if you want to make them so you don't make the same mistakes that I did. First I cut 6 pieces of cardstock. Scored it, then I punched the holes. Then I couldn't figure out how to add the ribbon. So I went back and looked at my example and I wasn't supposed to punch the hole yet and there was supposed to be white on the front. So I cut 6 more, scored them, then added the white piece of paper. Punched the hole but I still couldn't figure out how to add the ribbon. DUH the ribbon goes between the white and blue cardstock. Then I realized that I didn't have a small enough punch. I was using the CM cutting tools. So I called my demo and drove over to borrow her 1 inch punch. That is the perfect size. For the eyes I used a hand circle punch and punched them on black and ran them through the xyron as well as the noses. I punched two more of the one inch circles for the snowman body. To adhere the Tic Tac Big Pack to the holder, I used Glue lines. Just like glue dots only they are lines. I mostly use them for adhering ribbon so it doesn't move around but they worked great for this.

Here are the directions for the "Snowman Kisses" Be sure to use the Big Packs of Tic Tacs. I found them at Walmart in a 4 pack for $2.50
The Poem Reads:
Snowman Kisses

He’s cute, Cuddly,
& full of good wishes.
He wants to give you
These snowman kisses!

Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Only Orange, Basic Black
Accessories: Tic Tac Big Pack, Glue Lines, 1 Inch SU Circle Punch, Red Gingham Ribbon, Corner Rounder, Xyron

16 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are adorble, great job.

JoAnna Goodman said...

See, if I could give as good of instructions as you, you wouldn't have had all the trouble in the first place!! heehee Yours turned out fabulous!! Great job!

Lauri said...

They came out great! I am sure it was frustrating, but reading your story sounds so familiar! I am sure I have done the same thing more than a time or two! Thanks for the great instructions!! Happy new year!!

Doris said...

Too cute! Happy New Year!

Velta said...

Rochelle ~ These are just precious!! I'm saving this post so I can make some for the people I work with. Thanks for the tutorial. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

They are just adorable! My kids bday party is Sunday and I need something else for their goody bags -- if I can find the Tic Tacs this will be it.

Too darn cute and great directions!

Susan

Jules said...

These are really cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Rochelle - These are SO CUTE! Erica

Corie said...

Happy New Year!! Big hugs and smiles!

laos348 said...

These are adorable! Thanks so much for adding the dimensions and directions! Happy New Year!

Kristine Reynolds said...

ADORABLE Rochelle!!! I am casing this idea big time!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is so funny -- I made some almost identical to these on Christmas Eve and had a similarly frustrating experience. I think I successfully made six, ran out of time and then never went back to make the rest I intended to. They ARE adorable, though, and the kids loved them!
I will remember you have the dimensions on your blog for future tic tac folders!

Melissa (moster)

Sonja said...

Love this idea, Rochelle. Very cute.
Sonja

Kelly L said...

Aww, Rochelle! These are really adorable and much sweeter than snowman poop. LOL

So sorry you had a tough time with them, but thank you SO much for the directions. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :) Kel

Alex said...

Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial and your helpful tips :) I can't wait to have a go of these myself!

Alex from England x

ezeldabeth said...

these are so cute! thanks for sharing them (i found them through pinterest.)