Sunday, December 30, 2007

"Valentine Nugget Boxes"


Here are the finished nugget boxes for the Valentine gift set I am making. I will get a picture of the whole set soon. I really like these. I love how people add the silver or gold cord with the sheer ribbon so I thought I would try it here. It isn't as easy as people make it look. Unless it is for you and I am just the dork who can't figure it out. It took a while to get it right, the first few times I couldn't get it to look good. But I didn't give up and I am glad that I added it. It really makes it ya know. Well, in person it looks great, it is hard to tell in the picture.
Here are the directions that I use for the three nugget box.
Here are the directions for all different size boxes.
Stamps: Happy Hearts
Paper: Pink Passion, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Pink Passion, Real Red, Orchid Opulence
Accessories: Hershey Nuggets, Address Labels, Hot Pink Organdy Ribbon, Silver Cord

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very cute! Great job. I might have to do a little copying (with credit of course!).

Bonnie said...

Oh these are so pretty! I know what you mean about the elastic cord-for some reason it is crazy difficult to work with!! I guess I'm a dork too! But it looks so pretty when done!

Melissa said...

These are so cute!

Do you use a scoring blade to make the edges and corners so crisp?

Many Blessings,
M.

Rochelle W said...

I do use a scoring blade. (with my fiskers cutter)

Velta said...

Hey Rochelle ~ This looks GREAT in the picture!!! So I cannot imagine how it looks in person...Great Job :)

Keith said...

ok, so call me a dork but what do you use for the boxes?

Rochelle W said...

Keith,
Inside the boxes are wrapped Hershey Nugget Candy. So the boxes are candy boxes. Hope that helped. If you want to see more, go to my photo gallery on the right and click on Nugget Boxex and there is a bunch of them that I have made. Some showing the nuggets inside. You stamp on address labels or wrap the nuggets with pattern paper. Then you wrap it around the nuggets. Decorated candy.

Anonymous said...

Love the silver cord with the ribbon. I know it is hard to keep the tension right between the two mediums but you did a fine job. Linda

Unknown said...

These nuggets boxes are really cute you did a great job!

Keith said...

No, what i meant was how do you make the boxes or what do you use for the boxes that hold the candy? i knew they were little boxes of candy. and actually this is cyndi, i am using my hubby's gmail acct. heh.

Rochelle W said...

Cyndi,
I put a link to the directions for making this box in the post. And a link to directions for all different size boxes. I hope that helps.

StampingBetty said...

absolutely adorable!

Tracy said...

super cute.so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I cant find the directions on the nugget box. What are the sizes , Am I missing it it says directions but I need them . Can someone forward them to me., PLease. Thanks Cheryl
higglytown@gmail.com