Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Coaster Calendar"


Here is a coaster calendar that we made at stamp camp. It is a two sider. One side is 2008 and the other is 2009. I don't know if I will keep it like it is. I might throw a magnet on the back of it and hang it on the fridge. After we glued the paper in the coaster, we sanded the edges. It is hard to see that part.

This is the other side of the calendar. The 2009 calendar was printed on the computer and cut out. I am not sure what number set we used either. And like a dork, I forgot to use the stamp-a-ma-jig so my numbers are crooked. I decided to make a 2,4,6,8 box with a lid just for the photo. I might fill it with something and give it away. But mostly I just wanted to see if I could make lids for the boxes and it turns out that I can.
Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: Fall Flowers, Really Rust, River Rock, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Really Rust
Accessories: Coasters, Jumbo Eyelets, Guava Stitched Ribbon, Silver Brads, Calendar, SU Markers, Sanding Block, Crop-A-Dile, White Organdy Ribbon

11 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are wonderful - what a great idea to make a 2 year calendar! Thanks for the inspiration.

Melissa said...

Fabulous Rochelle! And I'd love to know how to make that little box so please let us know how!!!

Many Blessings,
M.

JoAnna Goodman said...

I love the coaster calendars. I ordered some 2008's from Vippie to make some. Yours turned out too cute!

Sandra Smart said...

what an awesome project. Love it! And I really need to try making some of those boxes!

Anonymous said...

What a cute way to display a calendar. I like the "Time Spent with Friends" side the best. Thanks for sharing!

QUESTION: In all of your crafting projects, what's one piece of supply/equipment/machine that you just couldn't live without?

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love these projects! Congrats on your Scor-pal and Park Dept. duties that is so cool!

kristen said...

how super cute! where did you get your coasters?

Rochelle W said...

We got the coasters at Oriental Trading Company

Tracy said...

totally cute...great job!

Tracy said...

totally cute...great job!

crazy4mycrafts said...

These are sooo stinkin cute Rochelle.... These must be CASEd! TFS!