Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Joy Fold Invite"


Katie is turning 13 and this is her invite. I have never made a Joy Fold card before so I wanted to try it on these. I like how it turned out but I'm not to crazy on the colors I picked but they work. I stamped the cupcake on the pattern paper and cut it out and adhered it to the cupcake. I also added diamond stickles to the cherry. Gotta have those stickles.
The dimensions for this card are. 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 for the base. Which is gable green. The lavender piece is 8 1/2 x 4 and scored at 3 1/4. Adhere the lavender piece to the Gable green base. The inside gable green piece is 8 x 3 and scored at 3. Adhere that piece to the lavender. The scallop circle is glued on one half and the gable green piece slips under some of the scallops to keep it closed. It really is a fun card when it is finished. Here is a picture of the card when it is opened.

Stamps: All Year Cheer II, $1 Cupcake Michael's Stamp
Paper: Lavender Lace, Gable Green, Whisper White, DP
Ink: Lavender Lace, Basic Black
Accessories: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, SU Markers, Stickles, SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punches, Scor-Pal

12 comments:

Jackie said...

Wonderful card! I love the colors and that paper is gorgeous, I have to go to Michaels and see if I can find that cupcake stamp, too!

Doris said...

What's wrong with the colors??? I think they're great! Have you ever tried using a crimper for the bottom to make it look like a cupcake cup? (Just a thought...)
My stamping room redo is done and the pics are up--drop in and leave a comment!

Kristine Reynolds said...

I love this card Rochelle!

JoAnna Goodman said...

This card is adorable! I bet Katie liked it! The colors are too cute, too! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love love love the colors! and will have to take a trip to Michaels for my weekly $1 bin dive! hahaha...I did not see this stamp last week!

Taylor said...

So cute, Rochelle! I love the colors and the joy fold is so cute for an invitation!

Lee said...

What a wonderful card!!! I think the colors you chose are perfect for this invite!! I really need to try to make one of these Joy-fold cards.......your's is inspiring me!! I love the cupcake stamped in the dp!! Thanks for your comment on my blog and I'm happy to "find" your blog and I will be back!! LOL

crazy4mycrafts said...

I love the colors--very cheerful! You always do a great job!!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

This is a great birthday invitation! Very bright and cheerful. I tried the joy fold card too, it was fun! Thanks for the directions!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

This is a great birthday invitation! Very bright and cheerful. I tried the joy fold card too, it was fun! Thanks for the directions!

Corie said...

I love the colors on this, great invite!!

Marge said...

What a great invitation! I also love the colors!!! Bet your daughter loves her invitations! Do all our girls like to stamp? I can just imagine how fun that would be -- all 4 girls stamping together! ;-)

Marge