Monday, January 07, 2008

"My Nephew's Valentine's"


I made these for my nephew to pass out at preschool. My plan was to cut, score, and decorate them and send them to my sister back in Minnesota and she could add the candy. That was the plan. I had them done for about a week now and I kept looking at them just sitting there with out candy. I couldn't help it. I had to finish them. They are sort of boy colors so I think he will feel comfortable passing them out. I can always make my girls treats girly pink.

Here are the directions. I used the Scor-Pal to score these. It is so fast to do them. It literally took 3 minutes to score 25 of these. I scored the paper while it was still 8 1/2 x 11 and then cut it. If you don't have a Scor-Pal you have to get one. It ROCKS!!

Cut the cardstock 8 1/2 x 3. Sore at 5 inches and 1 inch. Decorate the front, attach the candy with a staple and close. You might want to put another score line next to the 5 inch scored line. They didn't close like I wanted them to. I think it was because there was a lot of air in the M&M package so it made it a little thick.

Stamps: Happy Heart
Paper: Brocade Blue, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White
Ink: Orchid Opulence
Accessories: Scor-Pal Mega Scallop Square, Stapler, Mini M&M's

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome Rochelle!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

StampingBetty said...

WoW you don't waste any time, nice job, i'm sure those will be well received.

cyndi said...

too cute! he will love these!

Alex said...

Hi Rochelle! Thanks for visiting my blog because now I have found yours - gorgeous stuff girl! I have you bookmarked now and will be back often! I was excited to see you are also just right up the road so you know what it has been like! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa said...

Very cute! I love all the little "gifty" type things you have made.

JoAnna Goodman said...

You're such a good auntie!!!