Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Carrot Box"


I made these carrot boxes for an order. They are filled with Jelly Beans. I like them but here is the problem, I think they look plain. Do I need to put something on the outside of the box? I had made these a couple years ago for my daughters class for Easter and I put a greeting of Happy Easter on the outside. It is a really large greeting and I didn't think it looked that good. I also thought maybe I would put a stamped bunny on them or a hanging tag from the greens but then I thought it would take away from the carrot. What do you think? Should I just leave them as they are or should I put something on them?

Here are the ones I made before. See what I mean about the big greeting?
Thanks to Hotpaws Sue, You can find the template Here
She taught me how to link a PDF file. Thank you sue, you're my hero!
Stamps: Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Only Orange, Glorious Green
Ink: Only Orange
Accessories: Scor-Pal

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if you used the Rough Texture wheel on them? That would give it a little extra "oomph" without distracting from the carrot design.

Dana said...

maybe make ridges (like real carrots) with a light brown? They're cute tho!

Lauri said...

I agree...maybe a pattern...but they are so cool!

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

i think they are darling! if i were to add anything...it would be either a light brown with the weathered background..something that gives them the dirt on the carrot look or if i wanted to keep them on the cute-sy side i would add orange ink with a whimsy wheel or some kind of dot pattern.

Gale said...

This is adorable. What if you crimped the orange paper after you cut out your box? Are you going to publish directions or tutorial on how to make these? I would love to have the pattern/directions to make some for my kids at church.

Anonymous said...

I'm with the other commentors....a backround stamp of some kind. I was thinking crosshatch in a lite brown color??? Super cute though, the way it is! I'm always visiting your site for cool tutorials! Thanks for sharing

Latisha said...

I have to make these, they are too cute! great job

Cathy said...

These are so cute..l must try and make some l just love them..you are right those big tags take so much away from them.. Thanks for sharing.

Chris said...

these are really cute!!! what if you put some flourishes on them? i agree that they need something...maybe a small tag? >"<

Lisa C. said...

I like the idea of either the rough texture wheel, or maybe the sanded backgrounder?

What about if you put a smaller Easter saying, do you have the retired set Fancy Flexible Phrases? It has the words Easter Blessings in it.

Lisa C. said...

you know, pulling up the big picture it looks like you already have something stamped on the carrots. I think it is cute that way, maybe just a small tag? Could you computer generate something then punch it out with the tag punch? Or even the key tag punch?

I love these carrots by the way, you do such a great job with everything you do!

Alex said...

I agree, maybe a background stamp - either weathered or one of our textured wheels would look awesome. These are really cute though! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Same here the weathered bg stamp would make them look fresh from the garden, yummy!

Very cute idea!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I would type out Happy Easter on the computer if you didn't have a small enough stamp. Punch it out with a circle punch, and then layer it onto the SU scallop punch for a cute little tag.