Friday, February 15, 2008

"SC163 Hang In There!"


I haven't done a sketch challenge in a while. But I saw that Shelly (papermoon) was the guest sketcher this time. She is so sweet. She comments on all my stuff on SCS so I had to do her sketch. It wasn't easy to emboss the artichoke paper. It was too big for the machine. I managed to do it though and you can't tell that it is double embossed. I also sponged chocolate chip around the edges of the images and on the vanilla paper to soften it, cut out the bananas and popped some up with dimensionals. My card is 5 3/8 x 5 3/8 square. This was a fun one. I don't make the square cards very often even though I like them.
Stamps: Monkey Business, Stampendous
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun
Accessories: Sponges, Dimensionals, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Brown and Artichoke Gingham Ribbon, Cuttlebug, Embossing Folders, Distressing Tool, SU Markers

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg. this is an adorable card. I really love this card.

Jessica Lynn

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Cute card, love all the embossing. I tried this sketch too, and used a monkey!

Catherine said...

too cute! love how you added the bananas =)

Alex said...

Very cute card and the embossing looks FABULOUS Rochelle - love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jen said...

What a cute card! I love the bananas!

Doris said...

Not only is your card adorable, but the message seems to be for me tonight. I just finished getting ready for 18 ladies coming to my February Blues Bash tomorrow. It's 10:20 pm and I'm exhausted, but happy that everything is finally ready, except for the last minute food preparations. (Check my blog tomorrow night for pictures of the festivities. I wish you could have come!)

Lee said...

Awwww......just tooooo stinkin' cute!!!! And such perfect colors for the theme!!

KIm VZ said...

This is such a cute card. Really love the embossing. The monkey makes me smile.

JoAnna Goodman said...

Great colors together! The monkey is adorable!!!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Cute card Rochelle!

Unknown said...

This is so cute, I am going to have to break this set out (think I have used it once). My challenge card is still unfinished, I struggled with this one. You however did a great job!