Saturday, February 23, 2008

"With Sympathy"


I have never made a sympathy card before. This is my first one. I guess I feel bad about making a beautiful card for such a sad occasion. That and I have never needed one until now. This is for my mother in law. Her sister passed away last weekend on my mother in laws birthday. She was the youngest of 8 kids. Which makes it even sadder. So, I decided to make her a card. I think it turned out beautiful. I really like the black and white. I don't think I have made one of these cards either. I notice on the scan that the flowers are kinda purple. I think I will go over them with the black marker and make them a little darker.
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Warmest Regards
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, DP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Black Grosgrain, Black and White Gingham Ribbon, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

13 comments:

Melissa said...

You MIL will be very touched by your beautiful card! Excellent job!

Many Blessings,
M.

Alex said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card Rochelle - i am sure your MIL will love it and be touched that you made it especially for her. It is gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Us 4 Vol Fans said...

Sorry about your MIL's sister but the card is beautiful. She will be glad to recieve it from you.

Monica said...

Your card is beautiful!! Your MIL will love it.

Lauri said...

What a beautiful card! I find sympathy cards to be so difficult to make; this is very special!

Gwen said...

That is a beautiful card!! so sad though!

Nancy said...

This is a very elegant card...great job!
Sympathy cards are so difficult to make.

Lee said...

It's absolutely beautiful!!! I know it is difficult to make sympathy cards....but just think of how special the recipient will feel getting a handmade card with love from you during a very sad and difficult time!!

Unknown said...

Rochelle, such a wonderful card I love the black and white and I am positive your MIL will love it also. I have a tip for you on the SU basic black, it is almost a purple they are aware of this not sure if they will do anything. I now use black staz-on for anything I need stamped in black you get a true black that way and it is water color proof as well.

JoAnna Goodman said...

So sorry for your MIL's loss. I know it was hard making a sympathy card, but she will so appreciate your thoughtfulness. It is a beautiful card, Rochelle.

Corie said...

I am sure your MIL with love this, it is so beautiful and elegant -- the perfect sympathy card.

twinks said...

Beautiful!

crazy4mycrafts said...

I've never made a black and white card... this one is so pretty! She will love it.