Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Basketball Gift Set"


I finally finished this gift set. Whew!! I have to say that this was the hardest gift set I have made. I love how it turned out but man, it was tough. I am making it for Sara's daughter. Her school colors are maroon and white. That's it. Just the two colors. That's what made it hard. I tried to find some pattern paper that I could use but I never found the right color. It is pretty cute though. I hope she likes it. Sara's daughter plays basketball but has a knee injury right now. I was only supposed to make the one set but it was taking me so dang long to do it I decided to make two so Sara's daughter can give one to a friend if she wants. I only made one card holder though but two of everything else. I also left the cards blank so she can stamp what ever greeting she wants when she is ready to give them away. I don't own these stamps either. Sara was kind enough to borrow them to me. I feel bad, I have had them since before Christmas. Thanks Sara.
Stamps: Have A Ball
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, Brads, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Velcro Dots, CM Corner Rounder, Scor-Tape, Trident Gum, Word Window, SU Scallop Circle, SU Circle Punches, Crimper, Hershey Bar, Giga and Mega Scallop Square, Tissue Paper, Wax Paper, Heat Gun, Candle, Organdy Ribbon, Hershey Nuggets, Address Label, Hodge Podge Hardware Brads, Ziploc Baggies, RSVP Pen, Tacky Tape Sheets, Address Label, Micro Beads

12 comments:

Us 4 Vol Fans said...

Rochelle, you did a wonderful job on this project. I'm wondering where you get the ziplock baggies from that you used here.

Rochelle W said...

I get my ziploc baggies at Joanns you get 100 bags for around $2. I have also found them at Walmart and Michaels. I think they are 3 x 4

Alex said...

You did a FABULOUS job on this Rochelle - really, I am impressed! This is a gorgeous gift set! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Rochelle, she is going to flip out for sure. The set looks so very cool the word she will use is, "SWEET"!
Thank you so much for making this for her.

Unknown said...

Wow, they are clever. Fantastic work and they look so beautifully done - ChrissyX

Kristine Reynolds said...

Cute, Cute! Great set!

Tru said...

Wow! she's one lucky girl!! Looks like you've been busy yourself

Unknown said...

Wow!! That is a great set. It shows how much effort you put in it. I love how you accomplished to make a basketball looks girlie. TFS Joan SBS10

Lauri said...

Beautiful set, and a lot of work!!

JoAnna Goodman said...

This set looks fabulous!! Great work, girl!

Jennie Skaggs said...

This set turned out amazing. You have a lot of details and variety. She will love it. Jennie

Whimsey said...

Oh my, adorable; LOVE the colors!!

~Michele
SBS10