Saturday, April 26, 2008

"Clear Envelope Candy Purse"


Is this cute or what? My friend Nancy showed me one that she had and I just had to make some too. I made this out of a clear SU envelope.* Here is a video tutorial that Nancy sent me for these.* They are pretty easy to figure out though. It is held closed with a Velcro Dot. The circles were made with the Creative Memories Cutting Tools.

First I scored the envelope and put the candy inside and sealed the envelope. After I cut the circles and glued them together I scored them in half and folded the circles. Then put a strip of Scor-Tape on the opposite side of the sealed envelope and adhered it to the inside of the circle. Folded the envelope and added a Velcro dot to keep it closed. I hope that makes sense.

Here is what it looks like when it is opened. This will give you a better idea on how it is put together. They are a cute easy treat to make for a thank you or what ever.
Stamps: Lots of Thoughts
Paper: Real Red, Green Galore, Whisper White, DP
Accessories: SU Marker, SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punches, SU Clear Envelope, Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Scor-Tape, Velcro Dots, Rectangle Hand Held Punch, Candy, Creative Memories Cutting System

11 comments:

Lauri said...

So cute!!!! Love it!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Another great quick gift! Can't wait to see a tutorial!

Diane said...

Neato!!! They are so darn cute!

Sara in WI said...

Just adorable! Thanks for sharing!
Sara in WI

Unknown said...

Hi Rochelle,

Thanks for putting your blog on Full Feed so I can see the pictures from my reader. I just got home for California tonight. It was great seeing you there and THANKS for your gift!!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Amazing! kyky

Nicole said...

so, so, so cute!! :D

Chris said...

these are so cute!! what a great thing for a girl's party...hmm i wonder where i could get some girls!!! LOL

Sandra Smart said...

Oh, these are adorable. And thanks for posting those little jars too because I just bought some at ikea and now I know what to do with them!

Unknown said...

Another wonderful idea, love it! Your purses look amazing.

Cassidy said...

This is really cute! Great use of this stamp set.