Friday, April 11, 2008

"Paying It Forward"

I want to tell you a cool story that happened to me. When my parents were here I had to pick them up at the airport in San Fran. Before the Bay Bridge you have to go through the toll booth. Where 18 lanes of traffic turn into 5. Yeah, it is unreal. Anyway, when it was my turn, I drove to the gate and the guy said, "go on, the car ahead of you paid your toll." I was completely caught off guard. How cool is that. A total stranger paid my $4 toll. It really makes you believe that there are good people out there. So the other day I wanted to pay it forward. I went through the Starbucks drive though and I bought the coffee for the lady in the car behind me. I wanted to catch someone else off guard and make their day. She gave me a honk as she passed me when I was at the light. Let me tell you. That $3.65 purchase made me feel good all day long. I was letting people go ahead of me at stop signs, and at the grocery store, I even let those annoying people in that wait until the very end to get in the lane from the on ramp on the freeway. That usually makes me mad, but nothing could make me upset that day. I just felt great all day long. So why don't you find someone to pay it forward to. It really makes a difference, for you and for a complete stranger.

11 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

That is just wonderful!

Lauri said...

How nice! and the PIF is so easy to do...thanks for reminding me! and I agree, when you do it it makes you feel so good!

Anonymous said...

what a great story--thanks for the reminder!!

JoAnna Goodman said...

You are such a sweetie! I love PIF, it makes you feel great when you do something nice for someone!!

Melissa said...

Absolutely fabulous idea Rochelle!

Many Blessings,
M.

Unknown said...

Great PIF, you totally made the day for yourself and someone else.

kathleenh said...

That's cool! Look how a little something could totally make your day. I'm so happy to hear that you decided to spread the good deed!

Anonymous said...

I try to let people go ahead of me driving or at the supermarket but, you've inspired me. Thank you.

melissa g.

Anonymous said...

The same thing that happened to you in SF happened to me about eight years ago!

I payed it forward the very same day.

Dianna

Michelle said...

Oh, you are just so very sweet Rochelle! I've seen the movie, and still get goosebumps thinking about it. Great idea! I'm going to do it this week. Can't wait to find some poor unsuspecting suspect to do it for.
Thanks for inspiring us all!
Mchelle SBS10

Anonymous said...

What an amazing thing to have happen and what you did in return was a great idea!!! You have inspired me to do something now..........:))Thanks!!