Sunday, April 06, 2008

"Stamped Candle For Class"


I ended up finding the candles at the Dollar Tree but they weren't the ones I was looking for. I didn't want the pillar ones, I wanted the ones with a flat top cause I wanted to wrap them with ribbon. Oh well, they still worked. Remember paint prints? I like to use this set for the candles. I think that is pretty much all I use that set for anymore. My class went great. They all had fun. We kinda ran out of time and went over a half hour. But everyone got all the cards done so that was good. The card with all the word window punches tripped a lot of people up so next time I will either leave the off the "extras" or have them punched already for them. It is still a learning process for me as far as timing goes. Yesterday I bought a cuttlebug so now I don't have to use my sizzix anymore. Be prepared to see a lot of cards with the embossing folders again. I can't wait to play with it. I also got a new embossing folder and I can't wait to use it. Here are the directions for the stamped candles.
Stamps: Paint Prints
Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Summer Sun
Accessories: Candle, Tissue Paper, Wax Paper, Heat Gun

9 comments:

Whimsey said...

Beautiful candle; they're so fun to do!! Love the bright, springy colors!!

Hugs,
Michele, SBS10

Lauri said...

Hi! Nice candle! Glad your class went well!!

Anonymous said...

Love the candle!! I have never been able to master these!!! Yours looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your candle. Thanks, for adding the driections in your blog.

CONGRATS!!! on your purchase of your Cuttlebug. You're going to LOVE - LOVE - LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to see your cards on your blog.

Happy Stampin'
Margaret

JoAnna Goodman said...

I really like the decorated candle! You did an awesome job on it! Glad your class went well, also!

Unknown said...

I think I have this set, I am going to have to search it out, love how it looks on the candle.

Very nice job!

Sara Frawley said...

I love making candles... and I was so upset when this set didn't make it into the catalog... it was one of my favorites! Another thing you can do to add dimension & a little somethin'-somethin' is to stamp an image onto vellum and attach it to the candle using pins... did that make sense? If not, let me know, I'll email you a picture.
~sara fRawley (sbs10)
slfrawley@ec.rr.com

Unknown said...

Its great, I have never tried anything like this....but, it would be good to have a go. I will get myself some candles next time I am in au naturale, it looks like it could be fun. Thanks for sharing :-)

stampingmommy said...

This is beautiful!! I want to try some candles, but haven't yet - I think I will give it a go next time I am at the dollar tree and can pick some candles up!!
TFS!
Heather (SBS10)