Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Belli Challenge #18- Piercing"


What is the Belli Challenge you ask? Belli = Embellishments. This weeks challenge is paper piercing. I came up with this one last minute. I really like the colors and how the over all card turned out. My friend Chris hosts a weekly embellishment challenge. To read more about it you can go here. I used my last piece of turquoise paper for this card so I have to get some more since I still have two packs of East Coast Prep DP and I love love love the colors in it. Check it out. For the "scalloped edge" I punched small circles using the SU 1/2 inch circle punch (the one that is the same size as the little pieces stamps) and glued them on the back of the paper so when you turn it around it looks like a scalloped edge. Clever ha?
Stamps: True Friend, Warmest Regards
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Whisper White, East Coast Prep DP
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red
Accessories: Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Dimensionals, SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punches, Turquoise 5/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon.

22 comments:

Holly said...

Oh this is so bright and fun!!! Love your scallops and holes!

Theresa Momber said...

Very nice. The simplicity of the card emphasizes the beautiful colors and piercing. TFS

Corey Triplett said...

Love it!!!! I love the scallops with the holes.
Red and turquoise is one of my favorite color combos!!

Melissa said...

Super cute Rochelle! You did an excellent job on the challenge!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

I like your color choice for this card... as well as the design.

Swedie

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card! Love the colors!
Barb M (greetings from PA)

Shannon Tompkins said...

I love turquoise and red together too ... sometimes I add in a little black as well.

Nancy said...

Very cute card Rochelle. Love the colors you used and aren't you clever with the scallop edging.

A Stamper's Journey said...

I love this card. The colors are beautiful together. The turquoise really makes the red pop. Your paper piercing is also a great touch! You are a creative girl!

TFS

Anonymous said...

I love - love - love your card, Rochelle. It's simple. Quick...and very cute!!!

I'm adding this card, to my CASE IT list, if that's ok???

Margaret S

Chrissy D said...

I LOVE what you did with this - FABULOUSLY FUN colors- great use of your "hole poker" aka Paper piercing tool. LOL Beautifully done, Rochelle! Thanks for playing along in the Belli Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Love this card....Love the Colors and COMPLETELY LOVE the holes you punched out in your scallops. GREAT CARD! Kadie

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful card, love all the little extras. Great job with the challenge.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Great card! Love the holes in the scallops. This is a great color combo. Fun!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous card! I love those colors together. Very pretty!!!

kathleenh said...

Rochelle, this is so cute! Great color combo!

Jennifer Love said...

la la la love these color combos! Ahh!

dawnmercedes said...

I pretty much paper pierce everything these days! haha. I just love it!

Anonymous said...

Guess what you can also create the scalloped edge using the SU slit punch. Just punch next to each other in succession - turn punch over so you can see you are doing this - then just carefully pull the cut out strip off that creates the scallop. Make sense? Love all your ideas.
Valerie in Va. Beach

Elaine said...

Nice guy or girl card!! I think this could be just what I was looking for...thanks for sharing the idea!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I like these colors together. I also like the scallop with the punch.

java diva said...

Love this card! Turquoise + red is one of the best combos! I love the TF stamp used in the middle too. It's perfect in circles! And don't you just love piercing??? I love it!!