Friday, May 16, 2008

"Popcorn, Get Your Popcorn Here"


I was trying to think of what to make for the teachers for a end of school gift. I came up with a few cool things. This is the card that is going to go with the gift set. I can't wait to show you the whole thing. I haven't used this stamp set in forever, I actually had to dust it off. My bad. Anyway, I stamped the popcorn in the bag and some that spilled over, covered them with liquid applique and heated them up and they poofed! I went over them with the summer sun marker to give them that yellow/white popcorn color. They turned out super cute. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line up all the pieces of popcorn cause I am no good at lining things up. If you haevn't tried liquid applique it is so fun. I like to use it for popcorn and snow. It just adds the perfect touch to your projects.
Stamps: Treat Yourself
Paper: Real Red, Summer Sun, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Liquid Applique, Heat Gun, Black Gingham Ribbon, SU Markers, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

13 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Totally amazing!!

Amy said...

This is very cute. I have made a card almost exactly like it before. It is soooo cute. I like this set a lot. I have never used the gumball machine for anything though. I unmounted it and that help with the popcorn alignment, especially if it is trimmed closely.

Have a great day!

Melissa said...

Hey - I was just thinking of this set earlier this week when I seen a huge display of popcorn related items at Cost Plus World Market! SO cute!

Great minds think alike huh?

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!! I love liquid applique!

Melissa

Sandra Smart said...

so very cute. Love the popcorn!

Chrissy D said...

Love these colors together Rochelle! Your special gifts ideas are always in inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

I love your cards! I have been checking out your blog--GREAT cards! I'll definitely be back to peek at what you are up to! Have a great day!

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

What a great and fun idea. Lisa

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Very cute little popcorn cards! I love the touch of applique to the popcorn, really neat!

Shannon Tompkins said...

This is such an amazing creative set.

A Stamper's Journey said...

Great cards, popcorn covers and candy covers. There are going to be some very happy teachers out there. I love your work!
Absolutely gorgeous!!
TFS

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

This is so so so adorable!! Gorgeous work, I love the "popcorn".