Sunday, May 18, 2008

"Popcorn Gift Set"


Here is the completed popcorn gift set for the teachers. They are getting wrapped microwave popcorn, wrapped Mike and Ike's candy, and I am also going to get them movie tickets. I really really like how this all came together. I found the popcorn containers at the $1 at Target last year and I bought a bunch of them. I knew they would come in handy. The greeting on the candy, popcorn and the card all say "Treat yourself to a wonderful day"

For the Mike and Ike's I made a box out of one sheet of cardstock to cover the candy in. I think it looks cool. The red wrap around is crimped and I added some black dots with a marker to add a little extra around the scallops. It's hard to see but there are black dots in the red scallops on the wrapped microwave popcorn too. This was a fun set to make. I know the teachers will like it.

Stamps: Treat Yourself
Paper: Real Red, Summer Sun, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Crimper, Liquid Applique, Heat Gun, Black Gingham Ribbon, Nestibilities, Black Marker, Microwave Popcorn, Mike and Ike Candy, Popcorn Container, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

25 comments:

Sandra Smart said...

Wow...that is a really nice gift. You must be the teachers favorite!

Unknown said...

Adorable.I just love this .. it is a whole set. Great job!

Jessica Lynn

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness, girl. This is just awesome.

Having a party on my blog, and you're invited! :)

JenniferL. said...

Very cute! What a great gift set!

cyndi said...

wow...very cute. how many teachers did you make this for?

Rochelle W said...

It is for 3 teachers. I only put two of the popcorn containers in the picture cause it looked better than three.

JoAnna Goodman said...

Lovin' them! You did a great job! Everything looks so good!

Melissa said...

They are perfect Rochelle!

Many Blessings,
M.

kathleenh said...

Fabulous gift ensemble Rochelle! The teachers will "eat" them up!

Anonymous said...

You make the greatest gift sets! I just love the popcorn!

galias said...

Another incredidble Impressions by Rochelle. TFS!! Teachers will love it
gayle S

Lauri said...

What lucky teachers! these are great gift sets!!

Kim's Korner said...

I know the teachers are going to love this gift. What great ideas!!! Keep it up. I love checking out your blog.

Charmaine said...

I love the popcorn containers. I bought some at Christmas time for a couple of family members...instead of movie tickets I put in a Netflix gift certificate as they all have families and going to the movies can get expensive. I didn't get as crafty as you :) but I did put in lots of yummy treats.

Charmaine

Unknown said...

Yet another AWESOME gift set! Way to go!

Lori A. said...

These are great!!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Great gift sets! You must be the teacher's favorite mom!!

Anonymous said...

This project makes me want to become a teacher!! aahahahahaa

seriously, its AWESOME!!

squirrellyshirley

PS Your black background for your pic's are just soooo dramatic and cool lookin!! So many people do WHITE bg, it's fun to see colors aganist black!!

Shauna said...

I bought some of those popcorn boxes last year too and wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with them, so THANK YOU for a wonderful gift-giving idea!! Now I wish I'd gotten more!!!

Nancy said...

These are just too cute, Rochelle! Wish I had thought to make a few sets for the grandkids to give as teacher gifts.

Sara Frawley said...

How great are these??? I bought some of those popcorn containers too and didn't know what I'd do with them... I hope our teachers like popcorn! :)

Bella Rose Creations said...

I saw those at Target yesterday and was like...hmm. What would I DO with those...now I know! Thanks again Rochelle for your AWESOME inspirations.

dawnmercedes said...

I so LOVE your sets!

Ashley said...

Oh My Gosh! How cool is that! I love this so much! Awesome work! Hugs, Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

Valarie said...

Love this set. I had picked up a bunch of the popcorn things at the $1 area of Target along time ago and need to use them. I might have to do this for the kids teachers. Thanks!