Sunday, May 04, 2008

"Pretzel Crayons"


I almost didn't want to post this. It was supposed to be way cooler than they turned out. I am not 100% happy with this project. I was inspired forever ago by something similar I had seen on SCS. Here is where you can find the crayon box template. I used the 16 crayon size box. It should hold 4 pretzel crayons. However mine only holds 3. I will tell you why. I dipped my pretzels one too many times. I didn't realize it until I tried to wrap the wrappers around them and they almost didn't fit. So they were too thick to fit in the box. If you are going to do this, you should only have one layer of melted chocolate. I used the Wilton Melts. They come in a lot of different colors. You just melt them in the microwave. It's cute don't get me wrong and the teachers will love it, I just don't think it is my best project. If I make them again, I would use cheap cardstock. SU cardstock is a little thick and doesn't wrap well with out getting creases. If you would like the template for the crayon wrapper contact Jenn over Here. She was kind enough to make the template and share it with me. check out her blog too while you are there. She is one talented lady!!

14 comments:

Lauri said...

Wow! What a neat idea!!!!

Courtney said...

Oh my! This is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

Latisha said...

it a great idea, a few little tweeks here and there, they then will be pefect. I have faith in you, you have some talent!!

Kelley said...

I just had to write to tell you this...here I am reading your blog, and my 3 yr. old daughter comes in and says. "Aaaauuuhhhh, how cute Mom! I love those colors, those are so pretty." I think that about sums up your project!

Lorri said...

This is such a cute idea!! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

What a neat idea~

Cafe Ink said...

I remeber this project too. I have always loved it, but never tried it because my son is too old. Great job!

Sara Frawley said...

I love this project! This is too cute! It's teacher appreciation week this week.. maybe our teachers would like some new "crayons"... :) thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Oh for the love of Pete! These are awesome!!!

M.

lady g said...

You always do such nice work! How do you make the printing on the crayon wrappers?

lady g

JoAnna Goodman said...

Well, this is really unique and cute!

Tru said...

This is very cute, so glad you decided to post them.

Jenn said...

Rochelle,
I'm sorry that your pretzels didn't turn out. I used the honey wheat kind from Walmart (perfect size) and I only dipped them once. I also just printed the wrappers on cheapo colored paper. If anyone else is interested in the wrappers you can now download them on my blog: http://jenniferhardie.blogspot.com/

Fairle Beaman Carroll said...

ADORABLE!!!
Thank you for sharing; this is new to me!