Friday, May 09, 2008

"You're A Star"


Don't-cha think this color combo is perfect for a guy card? The stars are Creative Memories punches and the blue strips are word window punches with the round part cut off. I found some brown brads that I totally forgot that I had that match the chocolate chip paper perfectly too. The greeting is from Gina K's Make A Wish set. I also put the squares on dimensionals to give it some height. Today at school they had Mom's and Muffins. Sarah's class (1st grade) had a program and they sang several songs, read poems, and then they each got to say why they love their mom. It was super cute. After the program we got to sit with our kids and have muffins. Of course I had several tears in my eyes. I'm such a dork. Dad's and doughnuts is in June. That should be fun for the dads.
Stamps: Canvas, Gina K's Make A Wish
Paper: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Ballet Blue
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Creative Memories Star Punch, SU Word Window, Square Punch, Dimensionals, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Brown Brads

4 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Gosh! I so miss the Muffins with Moms and Doughnuts with Dads!! (sign) Oh, by the way, you're cards looks great!!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I have never heard of Muffins with Moms or Doughnuts with Dads, what a great idea! I always have tears at events like these too. I was crying at my daughter's Pre-K ceremony a few years ago, how corny can I get! Great guy card! Love the squares.

Anonymous said...

Great card and I agree perfect guy card! I have still have trouble making those kind of cards. Thanks for the idea! Hope you have a happy mothers day!

Unknown said...

Great layout and color combo! Yes, this is a grand "GUY" card, I love it!