Tuesday, June 03, 2008

"Cupcake Birthday"


I seriously need to come up with some cooler names for my posts. Cupcake birthday is pretty boring. Oh well, I totally fell in love with this stamp when I saw it at my local stamp store. It comes in a 4 pack from Hero Arts. 4 different cupcakes! I think they are all cute. The paper I used is Bo Bunny. It is actually Christmas paper. It is called Jack Frost Stripes and Jack Frost Dots. It is kind of shimmery, which I don't think you can see on the scan. I stamped the cupcake on the stripe paper and cut it out and pieced it on the cup cake. I love doing that. I think it adds a lot to the image. I colored the cupcake with creamy caramel and you can't see it in the scan but I used a glitter pen on that little dot on the cherry.
Stamps: Hero Arts, Warmest Regards
Paper: Ruby Red, Brocade Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White, Bo Bunny DP
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, SU Markers, Glitter Pen

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you posted this today!! I was working with the exact stamp set this weekend and I just wasn't thrilled with what I was coming up with. I'm horrible with mixing colors...I tend to stay very girlie (I have no kids mind you!)!! This can be for either male/female. Its adorable!!

Thanks for sharing!!
Melissa G.

Anonymous said...

You are truly an inspiration! Thanks fro being willing to post your creativity and share your talent with us!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your creativity. your inspiration is just what i need for all the masculine birthdays in my life.

Nancy said...

This is so yummy! I must be the only stamper without a cupcake stamp...will have to find this set.

Sara Frawley said...

Great little cupcake! The icing on it looks soooo yummy! Great job!

Doris said...

Great job--love the colors! I have this same set and stamped the cupcake bottom on silver paper to look like a foil cupcake cup used for baking the real thing. The set is so versatile...

Latisha said...

Cute cupcake, you can never have enough of them!

Courtney said...

I love how you made the cupcake liner match your DSP!

Tiffany said...

I posted a cupcake card on my blog earlier this week. We must be hungry!:)

Very nice card! I love those papers.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! My blog candy arrived this morning....the beaded pen kits! I can work on these tonight....it is raining again in Wisconsin. Thank you, Thank you and thank you again!
Sara

Unknown said...

You could name it YUMMY! This card looks good enough to eat, love it!

Tiya-B said...

What a yummy and beautiful card. The cupcake cup same as the background ties the card together soooo much, i love it. Altho the shimmer in the paper doesn't show the paper is great.

Kimberly said...

So so cute.... love the paper you used too... totally does not look like christmas paper with a cupcake on it like this :o) I'm so glad I found your blog... I love your creations :o)

Whimsey said...

Love the colors; very nice!!

~Michele
SBS10`

stampingmommy said...

Super cute!!! Yummy sounds like a good name too me!! I love the paper piecing - I have done it with the bellas, but not with anything else. It does add a certain something!!! Kive akk tiyr cards!!!!!
Heather (SBS)