Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Katie's Vacation"

My oldest daughter left this morning for MN for 2 weeks. I made sure she had everything packed and got her to the airport, so I was busy this morning. I might have been a little annoying with all the instructions that I had too. LOL I am so jealous. I wanted to go with her so bad. My sister in law bought her the ticket for her birthday so she could come and visit. This is her first time traveling alone. She will be fine so I am not worried about her at all. The flight attendants will be with her the whole way so she will never be alone. They even walk her to get her luggage and my sister in law will be there to pick her up when she arrives. Katie deserves this trip. She is a straight A student and works real hard so this will be a great vacation for her. We have lived in CA for almost 5 years now and she still keeps in touch with some of her friends from elementary school and she will be getting together with them too and she will spend some time with my parents and sisters and my nephew. I know I will miss her and her sisters will too but she will have fun and I told her to take lots of pictures. Do you think it was too much to ask to have her take a minimum of 50 pictures a day? LOL She just rolled her eyes at me when I said that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is going to have a wonderful time visiting with your family and her friends.

Lauri said...

What a milestone! and a great opportunity for her! This will too a lot for her self confidence (not that she needs it)... I think things like this are tougher for us moms than our kids!!

Melissa said...

What a brave girl! I'm almost 33 and I don't want to travel alone!!

M.

Latisha said...

50 pictures a day LOL, that made me crack up, thats something I would say.