Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Diaper Cake"


First of all I wanted to thank those who e-mailed me directions, links, and pictures of diaper cakes so that I was able to make one of my own. I started this one last night and finished it today. I bought a pack of 56 size 1 diapers and rolled and rubber banded them last night. That took about a hour. I kinda needed 6 more diapers for the top tier but I didn't want to buy another bag of diapers. So I bought some onsies instead for the top tier. I think it turned out super cute. And best of all, it was easy. I love easy. If you want the directions that I used, e-mail me and I will send them to you.

I added some baby socks, teething ring, and pacifiers to the side of it. On the top is a cute little stuffed animal. The middle core is a bottle of baby lotion and a baby bottle. The bottle and the lotion are for support. The base is a cardboard cake plate.

I got out my Cricut and cut out the letters BABY and some stars to fill in the spaces. The ribbon is stapled together and I covered the staples with the big orange bows. They didn't find out the sex of the baby so I went with neutral colors. This was a fun project and I know she will love it. She is a stamper. Friday they are having a party for her at Tony's work so he is gonna bring it to her for me since I couldn't go to the shower. I also got a big plastic bag to put it in from the dollar tree. It is a shrink wrap bag so everything is all nice and tight and nothing will fall off until she opens it.
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery

17 comments:

Leanne said...

Super cute! You do such awesome projects!

Anonymous said...

Super cool!!! Great job!

Just Me said...

FANTASTIC job!!!!

Lorie said...

Wow! This is just amazing! Such patience you have!

Nancy said...

OMWord! This is sooo adorable! You did a fantastic job. Wish I had thought to make one for my DIL for her baby shower.

Anonymous said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!
Love it! You're so crafty!

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

How cute is that??? AWESOME JOB!!! I'll be co-hostess for a baby shower, in November. I'll have to remember this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Margaret S

Melissa said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome! You should be so proud of yourself Rochelle!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Joanne said...

You did a beautiful job on it! It's one of the prettiest I've seen...

Courtney said...

cute, cute, cute!

JoAnna Goodman said...

Just adorable!

kat said...

Your diaper cake turned out great, Rochelle.

Bella Rose Creations said...

Woo Hoo...it looks AWESOME! It is absolutely adorable. 56 diapers...that will be like one weeks worth...LOL.

Tamara said...

Wow! That is a really cute diaper cake--love it!

Anonymous said...

Boy you sure are creative.... you just have a knack of putting things together....I would like directions if you don't mind.
Thanks Melissa

Unknown said...

This turned out beautiful Rochelle, Great job!

Sandra Smart said...

This is super cute Rochelle...you did an awesome job!