Friday, August 22, 2008

"Workshop Cards"


I'm not a demo so I don't know what to call what I did last night so I am calling it a work shop. My friend from my parks and rec class was hosting her "girls night out" with her friends and hired me to do a stamp a stack. It was so fun. They all had a great time and so did I. Most of them hadn't stamped before and so it was fun for them to do something new.

They made a total of 12 cards, three of each of the four designs, the gift set that I posted yesterday, a beaded pen, and stamped candle. It was exciting for me to see the excitement from them when they did their projects. They really liked the gift items and some of the ladies were funny. They were like, "look, I crafted" They all did a great job and everyone was happy.

These are three of the cards that they made. I had never used the designer paper before like this and I love it. I ordered two packs of the new in colors and I can't wait to get it. These are so easy to come up with ideas and super fast to put together. I am so making a bunch of card sets to give to the teachers this year.
Stamps: Cheery Chat
Paper: Certainly Celery, Certainly Celery DP, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery
Accessories: Nothing! Woo Hoo!

9 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Love the colors!! Great job on the cards!!

AlexsMom said...

Hi Rochelle,

The cards look great. Is it possible to post a picture of the other cards and the other items as well. I would love to see them all.

Pam from the Rock

Dani said...

What an awesome, quick way to do lots of really nice cards! These are fantastic!

MNScrapbookmom said...

Great cards and paper... Sounds like you had alot of fun.. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice!
You should consider becoming a Stampin' Up! demo! You'd just be doing what you're doing now PLUS enjoying all the benefits that come w/being a demo.
You'll be happy to know that I'm sleeping in tomorrow.
tammy

Amy said...

Why in the world AREN'T you a demonstrator? You could do it for the discount! They even have a few kits right now that are on $99. I'm sure your demo would be glad to have you (if not, I'll volunteer to be your upline! LOL) You did great on these cards.

Hope the beginning of school goes smooth for you! I know it is a busy time.

Nancy said...

These cards are fabulous! So quick and I just love the colors. Great job!

Doris said...

Love the simplicity and elegance of these cards--great use of coordinating papers and cs. I'm not a demo any more (used to be with TAC) but still do demos at my house or at Bible Study--a lot less pressure that way, and I can use whatever brand of stamps I like. I just charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost of materials and something for my time. (Usually works out to about 10 cents a card.)

Unknown said...

I am totally going to make some of these, love the layout great use for the DP. Good Job!