Tuesday, September 09, 2008

"Chocolate Box"






I made this cute box last night after the kids went to bed. It can hold peppermint sammiches, Ghirardelli Chocolates, jewelry, or what ever you want to put in it. I didn't have any Ghirardelli Chocolates so I used my ol' stand by peppermint sammiches. I didn't choose the best stamp for it either but it was the only one I had out at the time so I used them so I could show you.

I had an interview this morning for a job!!! Woo Hoo!! I applied for a "lunch lady" job through the school system. The hours are perfect so I won't have to have any day care and it gets me out of the house for a few hours and making some money. (to buy stamps of course) I won't know anything for a few weeks but it sounded like I am going to get it. So I guess I have 2-3 more weeks of day time stamping left. LOL All my kids are in school all day now, I need to get out and do something so I don't go crazy.
Here is where you can find the link to the directions for this box. I made the smaller one because I didn't have any 12 x 12 solid cardstock. I made mine with her directions but it didn't look right to me so I changed them up a little and cut my paper 4 x 8 1/2
Stamps: True Friend
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Bella Rose DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Scor-Pal, White Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punches, Hero Arts Pearl Bling, York Peppermint Patties, Glue Dots, Scor Tape

12 comments:

Christi Flores said...

This is sweet!!! I love it!

Catherine said...

this is awesome =)

Brenda said...

Very pretty! I am a "lunch lady" I started 10 years ago when my son was young. I love my job and for the last 4 years I also work yard duty. I hope you get the job and are lucky enough to have as nice of a kitchen to work in as I do.

Anonymous said...

Love the box, thanks for sharing! I have been doing the "lunch lady" thing for almost 5 years now. Love it! Even though I don't have kids in school anymore I love having my summers free.
Good luck with the job!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is wonderful! So many cute projects I'm not sure where to start. I love this box! I'm going to have to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOHHHH! Cute! Cute! Cute! I want YOU to be MY lunch lady! Then you can put these kinds of goodies on my lunch tray! LOL! BIG HUGS!

MNScrapbookmom said...

Cute... cute... love this neat little box. I am going to give it a try in the morning. :) Best of luck on the Lunch Lady job - I always thought that would be a good weekday job for me - and so neat to see my kids at school. Best of luck to you... ¥

Melissa said...

So very sweet Rochelle! I think I have to make one myself!

Best wishes on the new job,
M.

Anonymous said...

This box is lovely thanks for sharing. Hope you get this job and it works for you. It is awesome to have the same schedule as the kids good luck.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Dani said...

Love the box! Very pretty. Good luck with the job! How great would it be to have the same schedule as the kids!

Cheryl said...

Cute container. I love that it holds chocolate.

Anonymous said...

I'm just browsing around for Christmas ideas as its getting ever closer and it will be here before I know it. This chocolate gift set looks absolutely adorable!
The great thing with my family and friends is that I know they are all chocolate mad! So buying for them isn't very hard as I know what tickles their taste buds.
Last year I brought my best friend the boo box from hotel chocolat and it brought the biggest smile to her face.