Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Cupcake Cards"


Woo Hoo I'm back. I found these cute cupcake cards while blurffing a while back and I thought they were super cute. I just had to make them. I am going to do more with different paper and make them into a gift set for the teachers. I wanted to use the Bella Rose paper or something more pink but my paper is in my bedroom and Tony was sleeping, I didn't want to wake him up to get paper. I can't wait to see what it looks like in pinks. I found these on Linsey Rickett's blog. Outside The Lines. She is super talented and has an assortment of shaped cards. Here is the link to the pattern. I just printed them out on copy paper and cut out the pattern and traced it on the pattern paper.

Here is a close up of one of the cupcakes. I used turquoise, diamond and crystal stickles on the tops for decoration. I know right, super cute.
Stamps: Every Day Flexible Phrases, Girlfriends (heart)
Paper: Wild Wasibi, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, East Coast Prep DP
Ink: Stazon Black, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasibi
Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Cord, Hand Held Hole Punch, Sponges, Stickles

14 comments:

Sandy said...

Super cute cards!! The colors and patterns are so fun. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Can you share Lindsays blog addy so I can check out her shapred cards?
Thanks!

Teresa Brooks said...

love these cards. Would love to have more directions for them.

Rochelle W said...

The link to the pattern and Lindsey's blog is highlighted in blue, just click on that.

Courtney said...

oh. how. cute.

Michelle said...

Glad to have you back! Love this and your idea about making a set for teacher's gift. Going to have to CASE this one!

JoAnna Goodman said...

These are so adorable!! They are perfect for birthdays! I like the color combos you have already done, without waking Tony **wink**! Hugs!!

Sandra Smart said...

Really cute cards Rochelle! So glad to have you back! This is way more fun than facebook! ;)

Shelly Koskinen said...

These cupcakes are really cute!

Catherine said...

oh my..these are just too cute! YUM!

Whimsey said...

Hey...think you can do this with SU's new cupcake stamp...just leave the wording out?

Do you know which one I'm talking about - I just bought it. LOL BUT obviously haven't had time to try it...just might do that TONIGHT! I'm itching to stamp.

Hugs,

Michele

Diane said...

Those look so yummy,super sweet!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I just had to try this after seeing yours. I must say that yours are much cuter cupcakes than mine! Mine may be a bit smaller. I couldn't figure out how to get the pattern to print without making it smaller. Thanks for sharing these adorable birthday cards!

Ret said...

Oh Rochelle, these are super cute!
Love the stickle decorations & how you shaded the icing in green! Just adorable! You make the nicest things!!!!