Sunday, October 05, 2008

"Bat Purse"


I just wanted to thank you all again for your comments and e-mails. It really makes me feel better. It sucks right now. I think I am starting to get feeling back in my hand a little bit and the 2 vicodin every 6 hours isn't cutting it right now. AGH!!! It is so painful.
Anyway, I thought that since I spent 5 terrible days in the hospital that I needed a different atmosphere when I got out. (not that coming home to see my family and my mom wasn't good enough for me, but you know what I mean, I wanted to be around stamps, ink, and anything crafty) (anything but paper that is. LOL) It was the first day of stamp camp and I just wanted to go. I knew that I couldn't stamp but I just wanted to be there. Carrie said the she was going to stamp everything for me so I could have all the projects. Thanks Carrie! I picked out what paper and ribbon I wanted to use and Carrie made it for me. Check out the bat. It was made with a SU scallop square punch cut in half and snipped with scissors to make a bat. Cleaver ha? Here is where you can find video tutorial for this candy purse.
Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Ghostly Greetings, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: SU Clear Envelope, Tacky Tape,Candy, Ribbon, Rectangle Hand Punch, Velcro Dots

7 comments:

Lorie said...

Super cute Rochelle...I so would have gone, too! :o)

Courtney said...

I'm with Lorie! Gotta get out of the house and do something creative!

Cheryl said...

Too, too cute! Just getting together with friends is good therapy.

david santos said...

Beautiful!!!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous! Glad you were able to get out and "do" some stamping.

Catherine said...

this is just too cute! i'm glad you were able to go out and have some stamping time =)

Tru said...

Glad you're feeling a little better. i'll be praying that the pain goes away and you will recover quickly so you can get back to making all those yummy cards.

Where I work, we deal with this a lot. It's funny cause it's usually big farmer men who come in and they feel silly with their arms stuck up in slings just for a finger!!