Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Happy Thanksgiving To My Canadian Friends"


Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends out there!! Isn't this a fun card? Seriously, who looks at a leaf stamp set and sees a turkey? Not me that's for sure. I cased this card from splitcoast. I make this card every year cause it is so dang funny. This is the first card I made at home since my hand surgery. You would think I would have picked one a little easier than this, but I didn't. This was also the first time I picked up a pair of scissors since my surgery. That wasn't easy either, but I did it. Woo Hoo!! I put my thumb in one hole and my ring finger in the other. The greeting is a $1 stamp from Michael's that I got a couple years ago and never used. I didn't even think I had any Happy Thanksgiving stamps. Have a great day everyone!
Stamps: Fall Whimsy, Michael's $1 Stamp
Paper: Old Olive, Really Rust, More Mustard, Real Red, Close To Cocoa
Ink: Old Olive, Really Rust, More Mustard, Real Red, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Googlie Eyes

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Rochelle...this is so cute! Great crafting being hurt!

Unknown said...

Rochelle, I just read about your poor hand disaster. It's amazing how bad it got after the big shot of antibiotic! I'm so sorry you hurt. I know you'll tough it out with that physical therapy because you want full use of your hand. I watched my DH go through the same torture after his dislocated shoulder froze in place due to a month in a sling. He had to tear scar tissue that had formed. It hurt and he worked so hard. The photos are wonderful and not too gross at all. Thanks for sharing.We're all rooting for you!

Whimsey said...

WOW; how cute is that!!!

Hugs,
~Michele, SBS10

Courtney said...

You're right, it is too dang funny!

And how on earth did you do the scissor thing? I assume the swelling has gone down. Have any feeling yet?

Melissa said...

Hahahahahaha! This is fabulous Rochelle! Hahahahahahaha!

Many Blessings,
M.