Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Pumpkin Poo"


These didn't turn out exactly how I wanted them to but they work. My neighbor borrowed my markers the other day so I used my kids Crayola markers. Worked out pretty good eh? I like making these. They are easy, cheap, and people think they are cool. I am going to put these in the Frankenstein boxes for the teachers along with some spider sammiches and what ever else I can come up with. Now I just need to get the treats done for the kids classes and I am done with Halloween. Then I can move on to Christmas. Yes, I skip Thanksgiving. I don't know why. Ok, I do know why. Living in Cali with the rest of our family in MN it is just us for the holidays. If I was back home then maybe I would do something special for Thanksgiving, but for now, I just skip it.

Cut orange cardstock 3 x 5. Score 2 7/8 from each side on the 5 inch side. Use corner rounder on all four corners. Cut black piece of cardstock 2 ¾ x 1 7/8 and round two corners. Cut 17 inches of ribbon. Place it where you want it and adhere the black piece to the orange piece. Having the ribbon between the two pieces of cardstock. Punch a 1 inch hole towards Bottom so that the tic tacs show through. Decorate front. Fold like a book and place a glue line or glue dot on side of tic tac container and adhere to the spine of the book and you’re done.

Stamps: Hero Arts
Paper: Only Orange, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Black and Tangerine Grosgrain Ribbon, CM Corner Rounder, 1 Inch SU Circle Punch, Glue Lines, Tic Tacs, Crayola Markers

12 comments:

Courtney said...

I do believe that is the cutest poo I've ever seen.

You can come here for thanksgiving!

Cheryl said...

Cute idea.

Anonymous said...

I love these little treats!!!

Catherine said...

Rochelle, these are just too cute!

Melissa said...

Hahahahahaha! Fabulous!

Many Blessings,
M.

MNScrapbookmom said...

I made a few of these a week ago... they are still so much fun. Everyone always comments how neat they are when I make them. ¥

JoAnna Goodman said...

These are just adorable! They will look great in the boxes for the teachers! Hope you are well. I think of you often! Hugs!

Ret said...

Hi Rochelle, awwww, these are really cute! You're so clever, always outdoing the last thing you did :) Love them!

Bev J. said...

Those are so cute-I don't do halloween now that the kids are grown but I host Thanksgiving so will try to make these using a turkey or leaf for take home favors. tfs

Laurie Zoellmer said...

What a GREAT idea! I am going to try making these....thanks for sharing! They are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute I love these and thanks for the tutorail. I am sure the teachers will love these. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Unknown said...

I like these more then the snowmen, so very cute!