Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Spider Sammiches"


How cute are these little buggers? I know right. I totally cased these from nilakias on SCS. When I saw these I just knew I had to make these for the office staff at school. I hadn't figured out what to make them yet and this is perfect. I love how people think of the cutest things to make with the punches. No stamping involved for these little guys. I can't use the punches with my hand but now I am the master of the floor punch. Ha ha ha.
My doctor's appointment Tuesday went very well. The incision is completly closed now so that is good. The doctor wants me to keep trying to bend it but it is still swollen and doesn't really bend much. I was concerned about the swelling so I asked the doc and he said that it will be swollen for at least 6 more weeks. I was shocked. 6 more weeks?? I guess why that is why they said that it would be at least 4 months before I get full mobility back in my hand.

Paper: Basic Black, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Real Red, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White
Accessories: SU Scallop Punch, SU Photo Corner Punch, 1/4 Inch Hand Held Circle Punch, 1/2 Inch Hand Held Circle Punch, SU White Gel Pen, Glue Dots, York Peppermint Patties

12 comments:

Lorie said...

Those are adorable! Recovery will be long but in the end you'll look back and wonder where the time went. :o)

Anonymous said...

I saw these on SCS too and fell in love with them. I also was wondering what to make for some of my daughters teachers from the last fours years (she is a Senior) and these fit the bill easy and not pricey. TFS your version with us. Glad your finger is slowly getting better hang in there we are pulling for you.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Shelly Koskinen said...

These are so cute! I'm glad that your hand is getting better. You are very patient. It sounds like healing for this takes a long time!

Courtney said...

Akkkk! Those spiders are SCARY cute!

And, wow! You're one patient lady!

Emily said...

Yep - very cute! I'm planning on making some for my office ladies and my husband...he's deathly scared of spiders, so I'm going to leave them all over the house for him since I'll be away on Halloween! I'm guessing he'll appreciate the candy more than the spiders AND they are not that scarry, so he should be ok! HA!

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute spiders! I'm glad your finger is coming along okay. I really admire your determination to continue to create and am so glad you share on your Blog.

Anonymous said...

They are just adorable. I know what I'll be doing this weekend!
Take care of that hand cyber-friend.
Susan
MA

Anonymous said...

These are stinkin' cute! My son needs a treat to take to a school party...I think I know what we'll make not...thanks!

Sara Paschal said...

So fun, great job!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

so glad to hear that your finger is getting better! It does take a long time for the swelling to go down. I had foot surgery this summer and it was 2 months before my foot looked normal again!

Very cute spiders. I gave one to each of my ladies that came to my Halloween class this past weekend. No we are getting together every night and making tons of them! They all wanted to make them for their classrooms and kids treats! And I'm the only one that has the punches!

Catherine said...

eekss, way too spooky :)

CreativeMish said...

These are so cute! I just happen to have these punches, too!!!