Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Tile Coasters"


Well, it has been a stressful week preparing for Friday's class. I really wanted to make the tile coasters but I couldn't find them. I searched and searched for them at Lowes and Home Depot but both places were out, or no longer carried non glazed tiles. I was so bummed. So I came up with two candy projects instead. Then I was looking at all the projects and most of them were candy. I didn't know what to do. Then my friend Carrie called and told me that JoAnn's had some coasters but they were circles. At that point I didn't care, I just wanted to make them, so I decided to check it out and see what they were and I bought all they had. They were on clearance in the Christmas section 50% off. They only had eight 4 packs so they will only be making two of them.

Here is what they look like. It is a kit that came with glitter, die cut snowman and snowflakes, and a circle felt bottom. I wish they would have had more.
Stamps: French Script, Grapes (retired)
Ink: Olive, Black, and Purple Stazon
Accessories: Tile Coaster, Organdy Ribbon

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh these are gorgeous!!!!

Lauri said...

They came out great!!!! I cannot believe they were out of stock everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!! What is the name of the retired grape set you used? Thank you for sharing such a great project -- round ones are great as the grapes are circular, too!! Sometimes a different shape is all it takes to make the difference!! I enjoy your blog everyday and appreciate your wonderful creativity! Thank you for the practical gifts that you make for young and old alike!
Merry Christmas! ~Amy S.~

Anonymous said...

These are awesome, Rochelle! Off to Joann's today at lunch time! LOL! Great job!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Very nice project!! I'm sure they'll love it. Can I ask you how much you charge for your classes? I would love to offer some adult education/card making/stamping classes, but have no idea of where to even start with them. Your classes are all so nice!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I left an award for you at my blog, check it out!

Courtney said...

Don't ya just HATE it when that happens? UGH! So glad you found some, though... these are adorable!

Whimsey said...

They are gorgeous Rochelle!!

Bev J. said...

That is a project I have always wanted to do. Hope I haven't waited until I can no longer find the tiles. Yours turned out really pretty. tfs

Michelle said...

These look fabulous! Worth all the stress. KWYM!! I'm nearly done for the year as well... roll on Christmas!
Merry Christmas Rochelle - have a wonderful one!
Michelle SBS10

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you Rochelle. I have loved visiting your blog and getting to know you. Looking forward to the new year full of new projects and creativity. Cheers to you. Kyra¥

Lauri said...

Hi Rochelle! Just stopping by to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Hope all is well!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Rochelle, hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and hope you all are doing well! Hope to see you back here in the new year!!! We miss you!!!!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

These are beautiful!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Happy New Year!

JoAnna Goodman said...

These turned out great!! Hugs!

Doris said...

Hi! I'm back after a very busy Fall and holiday season taking care of my parents who live 2 hrs. away. (check my blog for the whole story.)

Anyway, I've missed your blog and your visits to mine; so I hope we can reconnect!

Joy Jenkins said...

These coasters are too cute!! I love them.