Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"Flight Of The Butterfly Eggplant"


Woo Hoo!! I posted a new card! Are you as shocked as I am? I thought you might be. I am hoping that by going to stamp camp last weekend it will be just the push that I need to get back into it. We made 7 cards and I love them all so I can't wait to share them with you. This card was inspired by Debra Daam's grey and pacific/baja blue card on SCS although we used a different layout and different colors, her card was the inspiration. I have been job hunting for a few weeks now and I am finally getting call backs and interviews. I am not looking for a glamorous jobs...just something to keep me busy and get me some of my own money. I had an interview at Blockbuster the other day. It was kinda funny. Ok it was real funny. He asked me what my favorite movie was and without hesitation I said Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. That has been my favorite movie forever. So the manager says "sing me a song" I was like, "what?" so he said again, "sing me a song from the movie" So the two of us did a duet of the oompa loompa song. I stopped and he kept going. That guy knew every word. We weren't in an office either. We were at the front counter so everyone around us could hear. The best part of it was that I wasn't even embarrassed. It was kinda fun to be goofy and myself at an interview. I had a second interview last night with a different manager. She did not make me sing. LOL I have a second interview Wednesday at Applebees. I am hoping to get that one. I miss serving and the money. Ok, I have babbled long enough. I am off to the doctor for another follow up on my finger but I will totally see you all tomorrow!
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Paper: Basic Gray, Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace
Accessories: SU Scallop Circle, SU Circle Punches, SU Gel Pen, Gray Satin Ribbon, Purple Gingham Ribbon

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Lovely Rochelle!

Many Blessings,
M.

cyndi said...

yay! a new card!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Very pretty card! I love all the butterflies! Good luck with your job interviews and at the doctors!

Marla said...

Welcome back! You were missed! What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love how yo have the small butterfly flying up to meet the other big butterflies.

Funny Blockbuster story! TFS.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors on this - the gray and purple - very sharp looking!